Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snowy Solo Run...breaking in the new yak tracks

I looked outside tonight....snow falling, wind blowing and decided this would be a perfect time for a nice run. I had bought these yak tracks back in September and had waited and waited to be able to take a first run in them.
   This was the night! So what if it was partially wine fueled.....it was going to be an awesome wintry run! Without further ado I donned my winter gear--capris, warm running hoody, hat, safety light, headlamp and my trail shoes properly "tracked". 




I ran out into the night. The wind was blowing, the snow was flying and I was having a marvelous time. There were lights all over the houses, Christmas trees in the windows and besides that just me and the winter weather. The yak tracks were the best investment next to my hydration pack. I didn't slip or slide even once! It was like running on a road that was dry as a bone. It made me happy and looking forward to further snowy runs....like in Wisconsin where I will be very soon! Merry Christmas, Blessed Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah........silent night to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment