Saturday, March 2, 2013

I'm BACK!






      Back in the saddle again...yes I did over 8 miles today with a lovely new friend and I was so happy about it! I felt like skipping and singing all evening that finally...after a long time..finally I was able to do a pain-free long run. THANK GOD! And I feel awesome! Some soreness but that is to be expected after my first longer run in awhile. But no pain. Knees. Quiet as churchmice. After a few months of ouch ouch now I can run! Really run. I will be aware though of my tendency to get cocky. Surprise surprise. I have picked the mother of all supplements...for me at least..and that is the glucosomine/chondroitin. I cannot sing it's praises enough. I have described as feeling like there is just a new cushioning in there that was missing. Yesterday I also added tumeric and omega-3 fish oil supplements too. I am not saying this is for everyone but for me it has been a saving grace.


    I feel like a runner again! I was avoiding the whole subject of running for awhile because I didn't feel like a runner anymore. And I told my friend today that there is nothing bitchier than a runner that can't run. grrrrr...may bite.

I am planning on some more mileage tomorrow. I will then take some more rest days until the DINO Race next weekend. Now I will listen to my body more. Now if i am hurting I won't try to tough through the pain but decide my body is saying hey let's take a break here okay? Maybe do some aqua jogging or something? chill for awhile?

Meantime I plan my races and TRY not to get too carried away by the upcoming racing season. 


                            Yipeee..Okay I lied. Can't not be excited about racing season!!      


     

No comments:

Post a Comment