Sunday, July 17, 2016

red eye relay

Well did the red eye relay last night. It went fine. My last gasp at running/racing for a long while until things in my system are steadier. Some endocrine system problems, autoimmune issues and such......all a perfect storm to turn a fairly average runner to no runner at all. The biggest reason is just that my muscles and joints hurt more than they used to, it takes me longer to recover from workouts and it's more important to rest well and keep the intensity lower.

And, yes, I walked/slowwwly jogged a little more of it than I had thought I would. Mistake number one was going into a race at all. Sigh. Like the magic mirror that lies my mind told me "You can go there and just walk a few miles and the excitement won't get to you at all."

My mind sucks at truthiness. But now that it's over with I am glad I went. I had fun. I feel I did more than I *should* have but with an easy pace that was practically walking speed.

Now it's time to say goodbye to races until all of this is straightened out. Seeing as some of these problems are long-term if not lifelong it may be a good, long while before I see another one.


I WILL be at races again to volunteer/crew and such but probably not for awhile. I think I need to let that little bit of buzz die down within me first.


In the meantime I will be switching this blog over to "some stuff I saw during my day today". The name won't change but the content will. I can still take and post some nice photos here and my own ramblings but for the runs it will be done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment